A major function of this INPCT Tool is to support transportation agencies efforts to comply with the National Environmental Policy Act for transportation projects. The INPCT Tool allows for State and Federal agencies' real-time collaboration on environmental reviews, document management, and tracking of federal environmental permit and authorizations. This tool was created to accelerate project delivery of NEPA documents and can be adapted depending on project and program needs.
- Track Federal Environmental Reviews
- Improve coordination, transparency, and accountability
- Collaborating on documents
- Uploading standard electronic formats including PDF, JPEG, Excel spreadsheets
- Conducting concurrent agency reviews
- Establishing action due dates and accepting comments/documents